Greece is at the top of the bucket list for most travellers for its rich culture, history, art, and philosophy. If you are planning a dream holiday in Greece soon, you will require a travel policy to get a visa to this ancient country. Greece is one of the 26 Schengen countries. Hence it is mandatory to have travel insurance for Greece to go to the country.
For travelling to foreign countries, travel insurance is an essential characteristic of a travel strategy. But how effective is it for a trip to Greece? Keep reading to know more.
Why Should You Get Travel Insurance for Greece?
Travel insurance is an essential part of a traveller’s strategy for visiting Greece for the following reasons:
- Greece belongs to the Schengen area of Europe, and you need to produce a valid travel insurance document to set foot in the country.
- Without an appropriate Greece travel insurance plan, getting medical treatment in the country can dig a hole in your savings should you fall sick on your trip.
- Sometimes, the airlines may misplace your checked-in baggage.
- Your flight may get delayed or cancelled.
- You may lose your passport, wallet, or other essentials.
- You may have to cancel or delay your trip due to an emergency.
Benefits of Buying Travel Insurance for Greece
Adding a travel insurance plan to your trip to Greece can give you multiple benefits.
- It provides you with emergency travel assistance if an emergency arises.
- The danger of COVID-19 is still looming large. If you fall sick due to COVID-19 on your trip, the travel insurance plan will cover the cost of diagnosis and treatment.
- If the plane gets hijacked for more than a particular period, a travel insurance policy provides hijack coverage.
- A travel insurance policy covers lost or delayed checked-in baggage in Greece.
- Medical expenses, including the cost of hospitalisation, ambulance, and treatment, are covered under a travel insurance policy.
- You get personal accident coverage on your trip with a travel policy.
- Some insurers offer an automatic extension on coverage for an emergency trip extension.
- A travel insurance plan covers you if you lose your passport or cash on the trip.
Tips to Buy the Best Travel Insurance for Greece Visa
Some leading insurers like Tata AIG offer travel insurance plans in India. Remember the following points to select the best travel insurance policy for your Greece vacation:
- Decide on an appropriate sum assured you want from your insurance policy.
- Look at the cost of travel insurance plans from various insurers.
- Select the features and benefits you want in your policy to keep it within your budget.
- Understand the claim procedure in detail before you purchase travel insurance.
Some Facts About a Trip to Greece
|Capital of Greece||Athens|
|Time zone||Eastern European Summer Time (GMT+3)|
Documents Required to Travel to Greece
Ensure that you carry the following documents on your Greece trip:
- Valid passport
- Valid Schengen visa
- Valid travel insurance with a minimum coverage of € 30,000
- Proof of accommodation in Greece, like hotel reservation
- Proof of sufficient funds in your bank account to support your Greece trip
- Recent passport-size photographs
Safety Precautions for a Trip to Greece
Follow these tips to have a safe trip to Greece:
- Carry light clothing if you are travelling to Greece during the summer. Carry sufficient warm clothes if you plan to travel to high altitudes.
- Carry sufficient cash and a debit card on your Greece trip, as credit cards are not accepted in the country.
- Make a careful note of the limitations of your stay and travel in Greece as per your visa requirements.
- Foreigners who want to drive a vehicle in Greece must have an international driving licence.
- Make copies of your passport and other travel documents.
- Follow the local laws and avoid altercations with locals and other tourists.
- Smoke is common in Greece. Therefore, people allergic to smoke should take necessary precautions.
- Call 166 or 122 in case of an emergency.
- Avoid visiting isolated places alone, especially in the late hours.
Detail of Indian Embassy in Greece
Make a note of the key details of the Indian Embassy in Greece:
|Address||3, Kleanthous Str., Athens 10674|
|Telephone||00 30 210 7216227|
|Document collection timing||1500 hours to 1600 hours|
Greece is among the favourite destinations of travel lovers. Therefore, travel insurance Greece is a necessary document to apply for a visa to Greece. You can choose between various travel insurance plans, like corporate travel policy, individual travel policy, and family travel policy, depending on your travel needs.